ADULT VOLLEYBALL LEAGUE TOURNAMENT
The Lamoni High School was the place to be on Sunday March 10th. In addition to the spectacularly awesome Lamoni Food Pantry Trivia Fundraiser happening in the cafeteria, Parks and Recreation hosted the Adult Volleyball Tournament in the gymnasium. The parking lot might have been crowded, but the atmosphere in the building was warm and friendly.
This year’s volleyball league consisted of 7 community teams that played every Sunday from 4 – 7 p.m. from January to March. We ended our season with a “slam” on Sunday—subs and chips to munch on, volunteers helping keep an eye on the game play, and loads of positive sportsmanship.
Our number on seed, the Remmenga team, defended their rightful ranking by sweeping the competition. Second, third, and fourth places go to Mesle, Henson, and Eason respectively. Thanks to all the great community members for participating in this activity every year, and a great big thanks to the Lamoni Community School for letting us use your gym and equipment!
- The Food Pantry Trivia competition will be held at the same time as our volleyball tournament. I am sorry for the inconvenience. However, the date of this tournament has been on the calendar since January, and I am unable to change it. I have talked with the people running the trivia competition, and we will be allowed to walk through the cafeteria to use the bathrooms and get water, but if at all possible, please encourage your teams to bring water bottles to reduce traffic through that area. Also, let them know so that they will be respectful.
- I will have sub sandwiches and chips available for us to munch on throughout the tournament since I know that there are many people who will be there for the entire time. Please eat the food!
- Just like last year, I would like teams to provide at least one “Line Judge” at a certain point. I have assigned these on the schedule below. Each team only has one game, so I think that is manageable. The Line Judge will be the final decision on call disputes and will help keep track of the score.
- Rules will be the same as they were throughout the season. We will still do best of 2 out of 3. Rally style to 25 pts for the first to games, and first to 15 pts or to the time limit for the third game.
5 pm games should start around 5:15 to allow for set-up and a little warm-up.
6 pm games should start around 6:05 to allow for warm-up.
Gym opens at 5 p.m. for set-up on January 27th and February 3rd. If you are scheduled for a 5 p.m. game, please have your team there on time to help with set-up. Volleyball equipment (balls, nets, poles, pads, etc.) is located in the closet across from the SE gym door. If the floor is dirty, there are two dust mops in the SW corner of the gym.
Games must end no later then 6:50 p.m. to allow 10 minutes for clean-up. Community basketball league starts at 7 p.m., so we must be out of the way by then.
- REPORTING SCORES
Game Schedule: (View printable Schedule .pdf)
- South Court: Eason v. Maedel
- North Court: Mesle v. Ranney
- South Court: Martin v. Henson
- North Court: Ranney v. Eason
- South Court: Mesle v. Martin
- Court A: Eason v. Mesle
- Court A: Mesle v. Remmenga
- Court B: Martin v. Maedel
- Court A: Remmenga v. Eason
- Court B: Henson v. Ranney
- Court A: Maedel v. Mesle
- Court B: Martin v. Remmenga
- Court A: Henson v. Maedel
- Court B: Ranney v. Martin
- Court A: Eason v. Henson
- Court B: Remmenga v. Ranney
- Court A: Henson v. Remmenga
- Court B: Ranney v. Eason
- Court A: Martin v. Eason
- Court B: Ranney v. Maedel
- Court A: Mesle v. Henson
- Court B: Maedel v. Remmenga
- Court A: Remmenga v. Ranney
- Court B: Martin v. Mesle
- Court A: Remmenga v. Maedel
- Court B: Henson v. Eason
- Court A: Mesle v. Maedel
- Court B: Martin v. Henson
Recreation and Community Center Director,
City of Lamoni